Stephen is a loving father, proud grandfather, and appreciative rescue dog owner. He was born in Rochester and grew up in Monaca, Beaver County, where he has been an active member of the community his entire life. He is a volunteer firefighter and is always willing to help those in need. He has served on the Monaca Recreation Board as vice president, as well as the Monaca Zoning Board and Monaca Zoning Variance Board. Recently Stephen has been volunteering at Faith Restorations, helping distribute food to the veterans and needy in the area.
As State Senator of the 47th District, Stephen will prioritize:
- Agriculture: Support programs to assist farmers and ensure entry level farming opportunities and resources
- Jobs: Create family-sustaining, union jobs
- Education: Invest in all areas of education, with a strong focus on training for craft trades
- Environment: Support technologies for clean energy solutions and jobs
- Veterans: Support existing programs and enhance veterans’ healthcare, job support, mental health, and housing initiatives
- Healthcare: Support affordable coverage, including for pre-existing conditions
Stephen knows that everyone fights their own battles and strongly believes that they shouldn’t have to do it alone. He has had to delve into the world of health insurance for himself, his family and his various business ventures. Stephen knows that we all need and deserve healthcare at a decent rate; families shouldn’t have to struggle to receive care, especially those with pre-existing conditions.
Stephen’s desire to follow a dream led him to purchase his first commercial truck in 1976. He joined the Teamsters Union Local 341, which began a 44 year career in the trucking industry that he still enjoys to this day.